Re: st: PCA with Missing Values (or other factor analysis)

From   David Svendsgaard <>
Subject   Re: st: PCA with Missing Values (or other factor analysis)
Date   Tue, 5 Jul 2011 08:30:53 -0400

What about changing the missing values to zero after you do the pca. I
would use pca based on the covariance matrix.

To change the missing values to zero, use
mvencode variablename  ,mv(0)

where variablename is the name of the variable having missing values. I
am assuming you have no missing values other than due to the
periods when the person was not in office.

David J Svendsgaard, PhD
EPA/ORD/NCEA/RTP, Mail Drop B-243-01
Research Triangle Park, NC 27711
Phone (919) 541-4186