st: nlcheck - error: not sorted

From   Barbara Engels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: nlcheck - error: not sorted
Date   Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:38:25 +0200

Dear Statalist,

testing for non-linearity, I conduct the nlcheck test, putting the the nlcheck command and the independent variable in question right after the  regression.Stata, however, tells me the independent variable is "not sorted" (although it is ; and after another "sort" it is still "not sorted). Can anybody help? Is nlcheck, after all, an appropriate test for checking linearity?

Best,
Barbara