st: unbalanced kappa confidence interval

From   Melissa Wright <>
Subject   st: unbalanced kappa confidence interval
Date   Tue, 5 Jul 2011 10:50:20 +0100

I have 28 raters, 12 subjects and 3 categories.  For some subjects (3),
there are some missing ratings (1 or 2 for each).
I'm assuming I can use the 'kappa' command, but this doesn't give a
confidence interval.
A paper was published in  Biometrics in 1986 (42, 883-893) , in which
Shulamith T Gross presents kappa and confidence interval formulae  for
such unbalanced designs.
Does anyone know if Stata has a command for this, or some other
appropriate method?

Many thanks