st: MP Performance for Structural Equation Models in Stata 12

From   "William Robert Buchanan" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: MP Performance for Structural Equation Models in Stata 12
Date   Sat, 2 Jul 2011 08:19:58 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I was just looking through the MP performance report on Stata's website
( and was wondering if anyone had any
idea regarding performance with the new version of the software.  Like a few
other users, I would love nothing more than to get rid of the SEM software
that I have if I can fit the models in Stata.  That being said, I was
wondering what kind of efficiency gains there are for the different flavors
of Stata MP with respect to fitting - sem - models?  I think it would also
be great if there was information available comparing the processing time of
the different SEM software (i.e., EQS, M-Plus, LISREL, AMOS, etc...) with
the - sem - command in Stata 12.

I was also wondering if there have been any improvements to the way Stata 12
will handle - gllamm - compared to previous releases.

Billy Buchanan