Re: st: marginal effect of the interaction term in the probit model using margins command

From   Ridhima Gupta <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: marginal effect of the interaction term in the probit model using margins command
Date   Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:52:45 +0100

Maarten to begin with I estimate a bivariate probit model but I arrive
at the conclusion that the model can be estimated as 2 separate
probits so logit is not an option.

The output of inteff gives you 4 things.

1)A stata table that reports the average partial effect of the interaction term

2) A stata dataset that has values for the interaction effect for each
of the observation

3)A graph that plots the predicted probablities along with
coefficintes on interaction terms for each observation

4)A graph that plots the predicted probabilities across Z statistics

If I choose to summarise the average partial effect on the interaction
term by 1 number  then am I right in understanding thatfor consistency
I will have to report the average partial effects for the other
regressors in my equation?

I was wondering what the if and in expressions in the syntax of the
inteff command refer to?

I will place the graph in the appendix.

Thanks,
Ridhima