Re: st: saving -tabstatmat- output as matrix/data

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: saving -tabstatmat- output as matrix/data
Date   Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:53:09 +0200

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Enayetur Raheem wrote:
> I was searching for a way to save -tabstatmat- output as a matrix so
> that I can transform it as data.

*---------------- begin example ----------------
// if you do not want the total
sysuse auto, clear
collapse (mean) price, by(foreign)

// if you want the total
expand 2, gen(dup)
replace foreign = 3 if dup == 1
label define origin 3 "total", add
label value foreign origin

collapse (mean) price, by(foreign)
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen