RE: st: Programming question

From   "Mike Kim" <kalisperos@gmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Programming question
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:16:45 -0500

Thank you, Maarten. The links are very helpful. In my case, I could not use
SUREG since some variables are endogenous. I used IVREGRESS and could not
get the part I asked. Thanks.
Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Maarten Buis
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 1:51 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: Programming question

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Mike Kim wrote:
> I would like to get total effect after running the following two
> separate regressions. Giw can I get m2 in the following program?

you need  more regressions and the interaction term makes this a lot
more difficult. I would start such a programming project by leaving
the interaction term out, get it to work, and than add the
complication of the interaction term. However you are probably trying
to do something that has already been implemented. Did you see:
<http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/sgmediation.htm> and
<http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/modmed.htm>?

Hope this helps,
Maarten