Re: st: Programming question

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Programming question
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:51:15 +0200

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Mike Kim wrote:
> I would like to get total effect after running the following two
> separate regressions. Giw can I get m2 in the following program?

you need  more regressions and the interaction term makes this a lot
more difficult. I would start such a programming project by leaving
the interaction term out, get it to work, and than add the
complication of the interaction term. However you are probably trying
to do something that has already been implemented. Did you see:
<http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/sgmediation.htm> and
<http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/modmed.htm>?

Hope this helps,
Maarten