st: Regression splines with survey data

From   "Prisciandaro, James J" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Regression splines with survey data
Date   Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:05:51 -0400

Hello list,

I am hoping to do some analyses using regression splines with survey data. Specifically, the data have sample weight and stratification (and possibly cluster) variables that need to be taken into account. I was wondering which regression spline programs will work with "svy" in stata; I've noticed most regression spline programs are user contributed, and there are probably much more than I am aware of, but I am particularly interested in multivariable regression spline models by Royston ("mvrs"). I'm also aware of mkspline and bspline.

If it weren't for the complex sampling aspect, I would be using a free equivalent of the MARS program (e.g., Earth for R).

Thanks in advance,