RE: st: number of dates in x axis

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: number of dates in x axis
Date   Tue, 24 May 2011 20:05:00 +0100

You are burdening me with questions that I can't answer! You are not showing me the code that fails. Also, you are guessing again.

But it seems that you have daily dates.

Applying a %tm format to daily dates is legal but pointless. It gives you a result that does not apply to your dates.

The number 18110 is

(D) 1 August 2009 as a daily date

_but_

(M) March 3469 as a monthly date, i.e. a date almost 1460 years into the future. That's what

But that is not going to fail.

In my first post I gave an example of a format for daily dates that shows month and year: %d_m_Y.

I am going to try a third and last time. If you show me the code that fails, I will try to tell you your mistake. Otherwise what you don't tell us remains inscrutable.

Maria Ana Vitorino

Thanks. My code is a little more complicated than the example so I
didn't want to burden you with it. But I understand your position.
I think the issue has to do with the formatting of the date
variable...I can't seem to get it to work.
This is what I'm getting:

. generate date1=date(date,"MY")

. format date1 %tm

. list date1 date in 1