st: egen anycount

From   Thomas Speidel <>
To   <>
Subject   st: egen anycount
Date   Wed, 18 May 2011 14:55:36 -0600

The anycount function in egen allows to catch occurances of given values:

egen somevar = anycount(varlist), values(integer numlist)

However, values, whether individually specified or via a numlist, can only be integers. I am in need of catching non-integers such as 1.2, 0.8, 1.5. Is there an alternative ready command or function that will allow me to do that?

Thomas Speidel