st: drop duplicates within variable with -by- option

From   David Torres <torresd@umich.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: drop duplicates within variable with -by- option
Date   Mon, 16 May 2011 10:36:41 -0400

I have data in long format and need to drop duplicate observations within a variable by ID. I've looked at the -duplicates- command and it doesn't seem to help me get what I want.

Thanks,
Diego