st: stata 10.1 memory issue

From   Muhammad Anees <aneesmkhattak@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: stata 10.1 memory issue
Date   Sat, 14 May 2011 11:47:30 +0500

Dear All!

I have been facing an issue related to memory setup for my stata and
Stata starts with a warning message. The following memory setup is
given even though I have set Stata to start with admin previlliges. I
would be pleased if someone share his experience and my stata starts
normally with the memory setup given in the options in the warning
meesage.

Note: Stata has been initialized with       instead of
            -------------------------       ------------------------
            . set memory  10M               . set memory  500000k
            . set matsize 400               . set matsize 11000
            . set maxvar  5000              . set maxvar  32000

       because the operating system refused to provide sufficient
memory for the requested amounts.  Amounts are
       determined by your preferences and, except on Mac OS 9,
invocation options.  You may use the set command to reset
       current amounts and, optionally, preferences.  Specify set's
permanent option if you wish to change your
       preferences.  Your preferences are currently

            . set memory  500000k, permanent
            . set matsize 11000, permanent
            . set maxvar  32000, permanent

--