Re: st: Transforming data - horizontal to vertical

Subject   Re: st: Transforming data - horizontal to vertical
Date   Wed, 11 May 2011 17:16:34 +0200

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:02 PM, lreine ycenna <lreine.ycenna@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> This is the error message I've been getting:' invalid name
> r(198);
>
>  Also the number '2' appeared after I entered this command ' foreach
> var of local countries { '
>

>  ds year, not
> . local countries 'r(varlist)'

The thing with computers is that they do what you tell them to do not
what you want them to do. So you must be precise. We told you to type
-local countries `r(varlist)'-, we did not tell you to type -local
countries 'r(varlist)'-. The " ` " is for beginning and the " ' " is
for the end.

-- Maarten

Also look at <http://www.maartenbuis.nl/example_faq/index.html#work>
which tells you how to make examples I sent to the Statalist work.
Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36