Re: st: Transforming data - horizontal to vertical

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Transforming data - horizontal to vertical
Date   Wed, 11 May 2011 11:57:01 +0200

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:28 AM, lreine ycenna <> wrote:
> regarding this command you show me, I have over 100 countries which
> line up side by side. Is there anyway that I can do this without
> renaming them one by one?

I assume that your dataset consists of variables var year and than all
countries. To get a  list of the names of all variables except var
year type:

ds var year, not
local countries `r(varlist)'

To rename all these variables type