Re: st: Some help on coding the categorical variable

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Some help on coding the categorical variable
Date   Wed, 11 May 2011 08:28:59 +0100

This depends on what your "analysis" is, which is completely
unspecified. If you wish to produce equations with your categorical
variables included, then the second coding may produce equations that
are simpler to interpret, but for most purposes I see little practical
difference here.