st: bar graphs

From   Abhimanyu Arora <>
Subject   st: bar graphs
Date   Mon, 9 May 2011 14:54:33 +0200

Dear statalist
I need to plot the mean of var_x over a binary categorical variable
(urban-rural) and 3 years.
When I use the command
graph bar (mean)  var_x, over (rural) over(year), I get two bars for
each year (one for urban and one for rural).
Is it possible to obtain a third bar in addition which would give the
overall (across urban-rural) mean of var_x, so as to get 9 bars in
Best regards