Re: st: bar graphs

From   Oliver Jones <>
Subject   Re: st: bar graphs
Date   Mon, 09 May 2011 15:41:07 +0200

you could try

twoway (graph bar (mean) var_x, over (rural) over(year)) ///
	(graph bar (mean) var_x, over(year))

Am 09.05.2011 14:54, schrieb Abhimanyu Arora:
Dear statalist
I need to plot the mean of var_x over a binary categorical variable
(urban-rural) and 3 years.
When I use the command
graph bar (mean)  var_x, over (rural) over(year), I get two bars for
each year (one for urban and one for rural).
Is it possible to obtain a third bar in addition which would give the
overall (across urban-rural) mean of var_x, so as to get 9 bars in
Best regards
*   For searches and help try:

Universität Bielefeld
Fakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Lehrstuhl für Ökonometrie und Statistik
- -
Bielefeld University
Faculty of Business Administration and Economics
Chair of Econometrics and Statistics
- -
Raum / room:  V9-110
Tel / phone:  +49 (0)521 106 4871