Re: st: R: imputation of missing dates

From   Yulia Blomstedt <>
Subject   Re: st: R: imputation of missing dates
Date   Fri, 6 May 2011 14:27:49 +0200

Thank you Carlo.
I've been going through the literature but have not yet been able to
come up with  mi syntax that would work for me.

Answering your questions:
1) The examination was voluntary. 60% of the invited individuals have
participated. Others have not due to various reasons
2) Our earlier study showed that non-participants differ in their
education level (higher) and age (younger) from the participants, but
not in other characteristics.
This of course raises a concern of whether mi is applicable at all,
since its assumption is that the missing data are missing at random.

If mi is not applicable, what other method could I use to create the
EXAMDATE for non-participants?