st: RE: Add single Point to Scatter

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: Add single Point to Scatter
Date   Thu, 5 May 2011 09:14:46 +0100

Yes. Use -scatteri-. See the manual on -twoway scatteri-.

. sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)

. scatter mpg weight

. scatter mpg weight || scatteri 60 2000 "amazing hypothetical car" , ytitle(`: var label mpg') xtitle(`: var label weight') legend(off)

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Rilke Rainer Michael

does somebody know how I can add a single point to a scatter plot,
without generating a new entry in my data table?
I need this to mark a theoretical prediction one of my models make and
it would be interesting to mark it with a single dot different from
all others.