Re: st: CSV file with variable types

From   Argyn Kuketayev <>
Subject   Re: st: CSV file with variable types
Date   Wed, 4 May 2011 20:25:32 -0400

thanks for answer, I totally forgot about 244 limit. Is there a work around?

I was handling these strings outside Stata. I need to convert them
into 600 observations, one for each month. I was going to read in the
string, then use the tip from your answer in this list to parse and
create new observations.

I could easily do this in SAS, of course, but thought it would be nice
to do everything inside Stata.

Argyn Kuketayev