st: CSV file with variable types

From   Argyn Kuketayev <>
Subject   st: CSV file with variable types
Date   Wed, 4 May 2011 18:31:16 -0400

I have a pipe-delimited text file. A few variables in the file have
length of 600 characters. Unfortunately, if I use -insheet- it sets
the variable type to str150, I suppose because first few values were
short. -infile- command seems to require tab or comma separated files.

I need to read this file into Stata. Any ideas?

Argyn Kuketayev