st: RE: ZINB - how do you use lagged variables?

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   st: RE: ZINB - how do you use lagged variables?
Date   Mon, 25 Apr 2011 22:43:36 +0100

As -zinb- is objecting to the use of operators such as L. in the call, why not create those variables explicitly with -generate- beforehand? You can that manual, but you could probably do it in a loop.

But don't expect -zinb- to have any special knowledge of time series.

Jung-eun Lee

Stata won't allow lagged right-hand-side variables(time-series operators, which the -nbreg- command does allow) when I use the -zinb- command. Is there a way to solve this problem?
Or do I have to manually lag all the explanatory variables?