Re: st: Stata chi-squared ptrendi command

From   Joerg Luedicke <joerg.luedicke@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Stata chi-squared ptrendi command
Date   Fri, 22 Apr 2011 13:09:50 -0400

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Twaha Daudi <uddessy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> Good day,
> I am to stata and trying to  learn using  stata 11. When I try to
> apply the ptrendi stata command getting the following error:
>
>  ptrendi 12 34 1\ 34 56 2\ 43 54 3
> unrecognized command:  ptrendi
> r(199);
>
>  ptrend 12 34 1\ 34 56 2\ 43 54 3
> unrecognized command:  ptrend
> r(199);
>
> What could be the problem?

Beyond what is available in official Stata, there are user written
commands that can be downloaded from certain sources. One such source
is the Statistical Software Components archive  (SSC). Type -help ssc-
in your command window to find out more. -ptrend- is such a command.
You can obtain by typing

ssc install ptrend

in your command window.

If you are new to Stata, I would suggest getting an introductory book
that deals with basics like this.

J.