[no subject]

If the former is true I would just show a scatter plot with
your proportion on the y-axis and your continuous variable on
the x-axis.

If the latter is true I would add a smooth average to the plot,
e.g. using Nick Cox's -rcspline- or my -proprcspline-. Both can
be downloaded from SSC by typing -ssc install rcspline- and
-ssc install proprcspline- respectively. Both commands allow the
-addplot()- option for extra overlaid graphs.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen