st: Test for divifing sample

From   Hussain Samad <hsamad2000@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Test for divifing sample
Date   Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalist:

I have a sample with three groups of households. One receives treatment 1, the
second treatment 2, and the third is control. I can estimate the effects of the
treatments using a model like Y=atreat1+btreat2+X+e. Now I want to estimate
effects of treat1 and treat2 separately, for example,

1) I drop the households with treatment 2, and estimate Y=atreat1+X+e
2) I drop the households with treatment 1, and estimate Y=btreat2+X+e

Can I simply do that? Are there statistical implications? Please help me on the
tests that need to be done in order to do so.

Thanks.   Hussain