Re: st: Ttest and Welch's degrees of freedom

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Ttest and Welch's degrees of freedom
Date   Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:49:22 +0100

Sorry, the sentence:

In the case of an unequal-variance t-test, the parameter of
> interest is the difference between 2 sub-population means, and its
> sampling-variance variance estimator is the square root of the sum of
> the 2 squared standard errors of the 2 sample means.

should have been:

In the case of an unequal-variance t-test, the parameter of
> interest is the difference between 2 sub-population means, and its
> sampling-variance estimator is the sum of
> the 2 squared standard errors of the 2 sample means.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil