st: levpredict after areg

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: levpredict after areg
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:42:19 -0400

I am estimating a model using -areg- where the dependent variable is
logged. I was hoping to use -levpredict- to transform my prediction
back to levels and I would like include the effect of the absorbed
variable. My intuition is that levpredict is just using the xb fitted
values and omitting d_absorbvar. Is there a way to do this?

I tried to estimate the model using reg with a large set of factor
variable created dummies, but this seems a whole lot slower than areg.