st: any simpler way to add text to a graph

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <>
Subject   st: any simpler way to add text to a graph
Date   Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:52:28 -0400

I created a simple graph that merely plots the means for a variable where the means are based on a categorical variable. I created the means using collapse:

    collapse ocs, by(project)

I then added a variable to this data set as

    gen x = 0.5

and created the graph I want as

    scatter ocs x, xline(0.5)

I want to add a label next to each point, the label naming the project. I first added, as an example, text(0.49 0.45 "Project 1", place(w)) to the scatter command. That worked. But I have 10 projects. I would have to add 10 such text commands. This is very inefficient. Is there a better way?

Also, is there a way to NOT display tick marks on the x-axis since they're meaningless here?

Thanks for any help,

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.
Data Analytics Corp.
44 Hamilton Lane