Re: st: question on local macros ina graph title

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: question on local macros ina graph title
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:15:01 +0100 (BST)

--- On Mon, 11/4/11, Data Analytics Corp. wrote:
> I'm going to produce a series of graphs in which I want the
> fist line of the title to always be "Database
> Analysis".  I created a local macro as
>     local title "Database Analysis"
> and then in the graph commands I used
>     title(`title')
> But the title came out as
>     Database
>     Analysis
> I want the two words Database and Analysis on one line, the
> first, of each graph.  How do I specify the macro to do
> this?

I cannot reproduce your problem. Can you change the example
below such that it produces the behavior you reported?

*-------------- begin example ---------------
sysuse auto, clear
local title "Database Analysis"
forvalues i = 1/5 {