Re: st: update betafit available from SSC

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: update betafit available from SSC
Date   Fri, 8 Apr 2011 16:29:18 +0100

This version is beta in every way!

A favourite personal detail: the help file for -betafit- links to a
book by MacKay with a very neat section showing that the logit of a
beta-distributed variable has itself a bell-shaped distribution --
even if that beta distribution is U-shaped. The text of that book is
publicly available on the internet. So, although this is _not_ logit
modelling, beta distributions mesh with logit scales very nicely.
(Apologies if you know this already or regard it as intuitively
obvious.)

Note to people who think volatility: not your beta.

Nick