Re: st: many cpu deployment

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: many cpu deployment
Date   Thu, 7 Apr 2011 10:26:37 -0500

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Argyn Kuketayev
<> wrote:
> What was your largest box to run Stata? I'd like to get a sense of the
> limitations of Stata in terms of number of CPU/cores. What was your
> experience?

I would imagine that anything Stata Corp offers has been tested on a
corresponding cluster. If they have MP32, it must have been tested on
a 32-thread computer. If they have MP256, it must have been tested on
a 256-core cluster. If you need MP1024... that's probably a very
special request, and whether Stata Corp. has had an opportunity to
test MP1024 is an open question.

I've worked with MP4 and MP8, cannot complain about either of them :).

You might also want to check

Stas Kolenikov, also found at