Re: st: How do I estimate multinomial logit using glm?

Subject   Re: st: How do I estimate multinomial logit using glm?
Date   Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:58:10 +0100 (BST)

--- On Wed, 6/4/11, Raquel Guimaraes wrote:
> Taking into account that multinomial logit is a special
> case of glm, how would I estimate a multinomial logit
> model using glm? I do not want to use the mlogit command
> because I will try to modify an algorithm which uses glm.

You can't because -glm- is designed for single equation
models and multinomial logit contains multiple equations.

What do you want to do? Maybe we can find another solution.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie