Re: st: PCA with unbalanced data

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: PCA with unbalanced data
Date   Wed, 6 Apr 2011 00:42:31 +0100

This isn't clear to me. There is a hint that you are working with
panel data. How would you expect the PCs to be defined with panel
data? The short answer is that nothing stops you lumping the panels
together, but there is no guarantee that the results will be
scientifically or statistically worthwhile.