st: PCA with unbalanced data

From   PINAR ERDEM <fpinar_erdem@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: PCA with unbalanced data
Date   Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:05:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Statalist,

I want to use PCA (principal componets analysis) with a dataset of 49 variables. However my data is unbalanced (unequal number of observations). My questions are if it is possible to run PCA with unbalanced data and how to get longest possible components/factors? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Regards,
Pinar Erdem