st: variable transformation and centering

From   Eduardo Nunez <enunezb@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: variable transformation and centering
Date   Sun, 3 Apr 2011 17:08:32 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

I have to run a regression model with several inflammatory biomarkers
as dependent variables. They are continuous and heavily skewed
variables.
I would like to transform and center them before including in the model.
My question is: should I transform the variable first and then center
it? Or is preferred to center the variable first and then to transform
it?
Or any way doesn't make difference?

Thank you,

Eduardo