Re: st: lagged dependent variable

From   Clive Nicholas <clivelists@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: lagged dependent variable
Date   Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:11:09 +0100

Humaira Asad wrote:

> I have seen some papers where people have used xtfevd or xtpcse with lagged dependent variables. Is it legitimate to use LDV's in these estimators.

You've already asked a version of this question before. I was one of
those who answered it, posting a link to a 2004 paper by Beck and Katz
saying that it was okay for -xtpcse-. See
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-03/msg00365.html

Please do yourself (and everybody else) a favour by checking the
Statalist archives before posting.

> Plus, is it alright to use xtfevd?

That probably doesn't matter if you can get your model to work
satisfactorily in -xtpcse-.

--
Clive Nicholas

<clivenicholas@hotmail.com>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson