st: pseudo R-squared

From   Gao Liu <>
Subject   st: pseudo R-squared
Date   Sun, 3 Apr 2011 12:12:50 -0600

Dear Statalist,

My research used stata procedure gologist2 to conduct a partial
proportional logistic regression.  The reviewer asked me to find out
the extra explanatory power of my focal variable: how much more likely
is it able to predict the change of categorical dependent variable.

My first question is what type of pseudo r^2 gologist2 uses and how to
interpret it. Second, how to find out what the reviewer is looking
for? I plan to compare the pseudo r^2 of the model with the focal
variable included and that of the model without.  Please advise
whether it works.

Thank you very much.

Gao Liu