Re: st: parametric survival

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: parametric survival
Date   Fri, 1 Apr 2011 11:03:42 -0400

Sorry, I got the intercepts mixed up.   Here's the correct version.

**************************CODE BEGINS**************************
use "";, clear
streg protect age, d(weibull) anc(male)
// [ln_p]_cons is female intercept
lincom [ln_p]male +[ln_p]_cons  //male intercept

The only reason that I can think for doing this is that you want an intercept for each category of a categorical predictor.  If that's your issue, here's a solution.

Steven J. Samuels
Consultant in Statistics
18 Cantine's Island
Saugerties, NY 12477 USA