Re: st: RE: Hausman-Taylor and Autocorrelation

From   May Ster <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Hausman-Taylor and Autocorrelation
Date   Sun, 20 Mar 2011 20:57:14 +0000

Apologize for not making my point clear earlier. However, what i meant
was that i have this panel data ;

Panel data set : Panel Variable : Tradepairs (Strongly Balanced)
                        Time Variable  : year, 1970 -2007
                          delta             : 1 year
Initially i did ;

xthtaylor Y X1 X2 X3,...,X9, endo(X3 X4 X7) varying(X1 X2 X3 X4 X5)

After that, i used -xtoverid- , as a result, i obtained Sargan-Hansen
Test = 2.520 with the P= 0.2837
so i considered this sets of instruments are valid.

However, since i suspected Autocorrelations. I then followed
suggestions as discussed by again after estimated ;

xthtaylor Y X1 X2 X3,...X9, endo(X3 X4 X7) varying(X1 X2 X3 X4 X5)

This time, i used -xtoverid, cluster(Tradepairs) noisily-

As a result, i obtained Sargan-Hansen Statistic = 9.898 with P =
0.0195. This is where i'm being confused by.
Since, as i understand, i didn't change the sets of instruments, but
now with cluster option, the P value is lowered ( < 0.05) which
signifies that this sets of instruments are now not valid?

I am not sure whether this could be because i used the command option
-cluster- wrongly.
Please assist.
Thank you very much in advance,

May