RE: st: obtaining R squared after xtabond

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: obtaining R squared after xtabond
Date   Wed, 2 Feb 2011 16:51:57 +0000

No doubt you can get R-squared to more decimal places, for what it's worth.

My main answer is the same: use -test- if possible.

Anastasiya Zavyalova

Hey Nick,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have calculated R sq for both of my models after the xtabond
estimation. They are  both 0.99, but Model 2 has five more variables
than Model 1.

For Model 1: Wald chi2(21)         =   3664.36  Prob > chi2
=    0.0000
For Model 2: Wald chi2(26)         =   3867.88  Prob > chi2
=    0.0000

How can I find out from this information how much more variance is
explained by Model 2 than Model 1 and which model has the best fit? Is
there a way to compare whether the two Chi sqrd statistics are
significantly different?