st: RE: Fwd: Moving value labels from one database to another

From   Susan Bondy <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Fwd: Moving value labels from one database to another
Date   Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:01:38 -0500

The command you want is: label save
Writes a *.do file with the label commands.  Open the other file and run the do file (see 'include').
-Sue B, DLSPH Toronto

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Mosely
Sent: February 2, 2011 11:58 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Fwd: Moving value labels from one database to another

Hello,

I have worked tirelessly to create about 100 value labels in a Stata
file. Now I want to apply those value labels to variables in another
database. However, in order to open the second database stata requires
that the current data be cleared from memory, including value labels.
How do I work around this?

Thank you,
~Nick Mosely