Re: st: 3 level HLM in STATA

Subject   Re: st: 3 level HLM in STATA
Date   Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:50:27 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 22/12/10, Sid Marera wrote:
> I have been having a problem in running HLM version 6
> within Stata (using sean reardon's hlm ado).I am getting
> errors each time I try to run the model. I can perfectly
> run the two level model of HLM6.
>
> I have the following variables:
>
> Level 1: numscore, time(0,1,2) timesqr
> Level 2:age sex learnerses
> Level 3:schoolses schooltype schoolaverage
>
> I probably am failing to follow the syntax suggested by
> sean in help file. (He only gave an example using the two
> level model)

In order to figure out what you are doing wrong, we need
to know what you are doing.

There are lots of hints on how to write clear questions
in the statalist FAQ (a link as at the bottom of each post
on statalist). Also see this blog entry by Bill Gould:
<http://blog.stata.com/2010/12/14/how-to-successfully-ask-a-question-on-statalist/>

I suggest you read both and than reformulate and repost
your question.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie