Re: st: tabulate: one variable against two others?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: tabulate: one variable against two others?
Date   Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:45:08 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 20/12/10, Laura R. wrote:
> I would like to compare two tables, and therefore it would
> be nice to have them as one table or the two side by side.
> But the data would be better comparable with one glance if
> there was one table with the columns
> female(no weight) | male(no weight) | row total(no weights)
> |
> female(weight) | male(weight) | row total(weight)
> Is that possible in Stata? Thanks for any suggestions.

Not easily. The most flexilbe way of creating tables is to
-collapse- the data and than use -list- (easier) or -tabdisp-
(prettier), see -help collapse-, -help list-, and -help tabdisp-.
You would probably need to go that route, to get the kind of
table you are looking for

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie