Re: st: generating age using dates

From   martine etienne <martieluvsu@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: generating age using dates
Date   Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:54:18 -0800 (PST)

ok, thank you very much! You and Maarten have been a great help!

----- Original Message ----
From: Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
To: "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Sent: Fri, December 17, 2010 1:49:50 PM
Subject: RE: st: generating age using dates

If both age and date of birth are missing, I don't see that you can do anything
except report missing.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

martine etienne

Great! thanks very much! It worked, the ages look just as I expected them to.
Although I'm not sure what to do with the "missing" value, although we coded it
as 99/99/9999 it did not calculate and age, which makes sense. Perhaps I will
just make a note in the final write up, do you think that will make sense?