Re: st: Survival analysis - individual survival functions

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: Survival analysis - individual survival functions
Date   Wed, 15 Dec 2010 20:09:30 -0500

-predict- gives values at the observations after every regression command. To get it for arbitrary values of the inputs, you have to do it yourself. S(t| t_0) = S(t)/S(t_0), and the formulas for S(.) are on page 358 of the Stata Manual (V 11). You can get the linear predictor for any values of the X's with -margins- or -adjust- ( Stata<11). Add the appropriate auxiliary parameters (returned results e(theta), e(aux_p), e(gamma), e(sigma), e(kappa)); your t and t_0; then plug everything into the formulas.

Steven J. Samuels
18 Cantine's Island
Saugerties NY 12477
Voice: 845-246-0774