Re: st: reliability with ordinal data-Kendall's w?

From   Morten Hesse <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: reliability with ordinal data-Kendall's w?
Date   Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:51:01 +0100

I believe this one of those instances where your field may have its conventions, and that is what you should go by.
In my field, the statistic of choice would be the weighted kappa.
The Bland-Altman plot would not be very informative with four steps on the scale. In my view, the meaningful thing would be to analyze the kappa statistic for each category. That could give you an indication of whether the high or low values are more or less reliable, which is one thing that the BA-plot does. The precision of agreement (another nice property of the BA-plot) is really less meaningful with 4 levels. You cannot deviate more than 3 levels, and a 4*4 table of all ratings would be much more informative. (basically: tab r1 r2, where r1 is the first column containing ratings, and r2 is the second).
Hope this is useful
Morten