Re: st: Simple but baffling - problems merging files

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Simple but baffling - problems merging files
Date   Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:36:03 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 13/12/10, Tania Wood wrote:
> I'm trying to merge two STATA datasets by matching on the
> respondent's individual pid: the datasets are wave 1 and
> wave 2 of a longitudinal study.  My problem is that I
> can't get all the case pids in wave 2 to match their wave
> 1 pid.

Sounds like a precision problem, see for example:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen