st: dprobit command

From   "Scott N. Bronson" <sbronson@ku.edu>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: dprobit command
Date   Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:48:38 -0600

The Stata help for dprobit indicates that it "continues to work but, as of Stata 11, is no longer an official part of Stata.  This is the original help file, which we will no longer update, so some links may no longer work."  Does anyone know why dprobit is "no longer an official part of Stata?"  Is there another command or are there other commands that have replaced dprobit?  I have been unable to locate any information about my question elsewhere.