st: ST: Calculating first differenced correlations

From   "White, Nicole (UMSL-Student)" <>
Subject   st: ST: Calculating first differenced correlations
Date   Tue, 7 Dec 2010 22:59:40 +0000

 I am trying to figure out how to calculate the correlation of first differences for two variables, poverty and violence rates, for the years 1993 to 2004.  I assume that I need to identify my dataset as a time series, so I entered the tsset command and identified the time variable as years, 1993 to 2004.  However, I do not know what command or formula to use to generate the first difference for these rates.  Can anyone offer some guidance?  Thanks